Swap your Taco Tuesday night in with this Mexican bean lasagne for a change! This recipe is layered with tortilla wraps in place of pasta sheets, veggie-friendly and super easy to make.
MEXICAN BEAN LASAGNE INGREDIENTS
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 400g tinned mixed beans
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, diced (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 25g Flora Freedom
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml unsweetened soy milk
- 150g dairy-free cheese, grated
- 8 flour tortillas, halved
- Fresh bunch of coriander
- 1 avocado
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BEAN LASAGNE
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion until soft and golden.
- Add in red chilli, and fry off lightly.
- Add in peppers and stir fry, until leaving a slight crunch.
- Stir in the mixed beans and chopped tomatoes.
- Leave to simmer on a medium heat.
- To make the dairy free cheese sauce – Place Flora, flour and soya milk in a medium sized saucepan.
- Keep stirring until the sauce thickens – use a whisk to create a smooth texture with no lumps.
- Stir in 100g dairy-free cheddar cheese until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Now to layer your lasagne. Two spoons of the sauce, tortillas, cheese sauce and keep going until your dish is full and then top with the leftover dairy-free cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with smashed avocado!